Illuman Invites You to
Soularize 2018—Soul Purpose: Inhabiting Our Unique Psycho-Ecological Niche
Thursday, October 18–Sunday, October 21, 2018
- Soularize 2018 will take place at the Hyatt Regency Tamaya Resort and Spa near Bernalillo, New Mexico (approximately 30 miles north of Albuquerque).
- All men are welcome, regardless of ethnicity, class, education, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation. No previous attendance at a Men’s Rites of Passage is required.
- Event registration will open in Spring 2018.
- Hotel room block will open in Spring 2018.
- Continue reading to learn more.
Soul Purpose: Inhabiting Our Unique Psycho-Ecological Niche
Everyone yearns for — and needs — a purpose that can be embodied, a meaning that can be lived. Our mortality demands it of us. Our love for our own life, for all living things, and for community pours itself into the world, like a prayer, through our deepest purpose. But what we mean by and experience as “purpose” depends on our stage of life and our depth of psychospiritual development. In the contemporary Western world, when people speak about personal life purpose, most everyone means a mix of social, vocational, political, and/or religious goals or intentions. A much smaller group means a desire to awaken to the divine, nondual, or the universal. But there’s a third variety of purpose that is very rarely considered, that has no place or presence in mainstream Western consciousness, that is completely absent from contemporary maps of human life, even the maps of specialists in human development, including those who write about and guide “integral” development. And yet this is the single most essential realm of purpose, especially in our current critical and liminal moment in the unfolding of the world’s story– Bill Plotkin, author of Soulcraft, Nature and the Human Soul, and Wild Mind
Stay tuned for more information!
Soularize 2018 registration opens Thursday afternoon
and the first session starts promptly at 7:00 p.m. Soularize 2018
will end by 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, October 21.